$12.00 – $26.00
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) has much more power and potency than the spice commonly found in our kitchens. Grown in Ceylon, our Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil has a strong, warm, spicy aroma characteristic of cinnamon. The harvested bark from the tree is steam distilled to produce our Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil. This essential oil belongs in our Spice category and has a thin consistency and yellowish color. HOT OIL
Latin name: Cinnamomum zeylanicum (also known as Cinnamomum verum)
Method: Steam Distillation
HOT OIL - never apply undiluted to skin
Primary Compounds: Cinnamaldehyde, Eugenol, trans-Cinnamyl acetate,
Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil is reported to be antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, antiseptic, anti-infectious, antiparasitic, analgesic, antispasmodic and to support balanced blood-sugar levels, purify the blood, aid circulation and digestion and enhance metabolism.
Two different essential oils are harvested from the cinnamon tree, cinnamon bark oil and cinnamon leaf oil. Though similar, these oils have different aromas and properties.
Primary uses for our Cinnamon Bark Essential Oil include cleaning, cramp and pain relief, immune support.
Mind: may aid brain function; helps stimulate the mind
Mood: may reduce depression and uplift mood
Beauty: useful for removal of warts
Heal: may stimulate circulation, purify blood and support balanced blood sugar-levels; may help relieve pain for arthritis, neuralgia, rheumatism, and muscular aches and pains; may relieve PMS symptoms and cramps; encourages and regulates menstrual flow
Wellness: may kill and inhibit growth of bacteria, fungi and viruses; helps fight infections; may aid and tone digestive system and increase appetite; helps calm stomach and intestinal spasms; enhances metabolism
Clean: strong disinfecting cleaner; purifies air
Other: useful for treating head lice, scabies, insect bites and wasp stings
These statements are not evaluated by the FDA. Verdant EOs and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Aromatically: diffusion or direct inhalation
Topically: HOT OIL - dilute 0.5% or less for any topical use (1 drop in 2 tsp/10mL carrier oil) - never apply undiluted to skin
Blends well with: Black Pepper, Clove, Cedarwood, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Lavender, Pine, Tea Tree, Nutmeg, Orange, Patchouli, Rosemary, Vetiver
Shelf life: 4 years when properly stored
Storage: Minimize exposure to light, air and heat to get the full benefit and life out of your oil. Store your oil tightly sealed and in cardboard tube between 59 and 71° F.
- If you are taking medication or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using essential oils
- Unsafe for pregnant or breastfeeding mothers.
- HOT OIL - Always dilute to 0.5% or less (1 drop per 2 tsp/10ml carrier oil)
- Can irritate mucous membranes/sensitive skin areas - avoid eyes, nose, mouth and other sensitive areas.
- Always test diluted oil on a small area of skin before topical use.
- Avoid use with children under the age of 5
- Do not use on damaged or sensitive skin.
- May interact with diabetic medications and cause low blood sugar levels.
- May interfere with enzymes responsible for drug metabolism - ask your physician before use if taking medications
- May interact with aspirin, blood pressure, antiplatelet and anticoagulant medications and increase risk of bleeding among those with bleeding disorders