$10.00 – $23.00
Clary Sage Essential Oil (Salvia sclarea) has a musky, sweet fragrance over a warm and herbaceous undertone. Our Clary Sage Essential Oil is grown in France. The harvested leaves and flowers undergo steam distillation to produce a thin, colorless oil. Clary Sage Essential Oil is categorized as one of our Herbal oils.
Latin name: Salvia sclarea
Method: Steam Distillation
Part: Leaves and flowers
Primary Compounds: Linalyl acetate, Linalool, Sclareol
Clary Sage Essential Oil is reported to be antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, aphrodisiac, antispasmodic and to help balance estrogenic hormones, relieve painful menstruation and menstrual cramps, soothe nerves, manage stress and help heal wounds.
Clary Sage has a long history of use as a medicinal herb. Though similar to other Sage oils and plants, Clary Sage has a more gentle chemical makeup. Also known as Clary or Clear Bright, this plant has often been used in the past as a treatment for eye problems. Today, it is more commonly used as a female tonic.
Primary uses for our Clary Sage Essential Oil include female hormone and menstruation support and as a relaxant and sedative.
Mind: helps manage stress and reduce anxiety and nervous tension; may encourage sleep and relaxation
Mood: helps balance female hormones and reduce depression; has been used as an aphrodisiac
Beauty: may balance oily skin and protect skin against infection; may help treat acne and skin inflammation; may help balance mature and dry skin types.
Heal: helps to relieve menstrual cramps and painful menstruation; encourages menstruation; may help heal wounds
Wellness: may aid digestion and expel excess gas
These statements are not evaluated by the FDA. Verdant EOs and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Aromatically: diffusion or direct inhalation
Topically: dilute 2% for long term use and up to 3% for small, short term use
Blends well with: Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cedarwood, Chamomile (Roman and German), Citrus oils, Copaiba, Frankincense, Grapefruit, Geranium, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Neroli, Orange, Pine, Sandalwood, Rose, Tangerine
Shelf life: 4 years when stored properly
Storage: Minimize exposure to light, air and heat to get the full benefit and life out of your oil. Store your oil tightly sealed and in cardboard tube between 59 and 71° F.
- If you are taking medications or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using essential oils.
- Not recommended for use in pregnancy except during labor and birth - use only under direct supervision of physician, midwife and/or aromatherapist.
- Avoid using with alcohol, narcotics or barbiturates - may increase the intoxicating and sedating effects.
- Safe for use with children over 5 years at proper dilutions (not recommended for younger ages)
- Always test diluted oil on a small area of skin before topical use.
- Always dilute to 1% or less (1 drop per 1 tsp/5ml carrier oil) any oil applied topically for children under the age of 5.