Fractionated Coconut Oil
FCO is ideal for all skin types. It is an incredibly light moisturizer that leaves a minimum greasy residue. FCO is one of the few oils that remain liquid at cooler temperatures. It makes an excellent natural makeup remover, daily moisturizer, and carrier oil for any essential oils.
Latin name: Cocos nucifera
Category: Carrier oil
Absorption: Quick to Average
Shelf life: Stable - store in a cool, dark place
Whole or Virgin coconut oil (commonly found in health food stores) has unsaturated long chain fatty acids in it, making it solid at room temperature. But coconut oil also has many shorter, completely saturated (no double bonds) triglycerides. It is these fatty acids that are separated from the long chain ones to produce Fractionated Coconut Oil (FCO). The separation process involves only a simple physical separation process so there are no chemical residues to worry about.
Because these shorter fatty acids are saturated, they do not react with oxygen and oxidize, meaning Fractionated Coconut Oil does not go rancid! An added bonus of the short chain fatty acids is they absorb more quickly and do not leave greasy residue like Virgin Coconut oil.
- Benefits all skin types
- Moisturizes skin
- Natural makeup remover
- Deep moisturizer for hair
- Ideal for infrequently used blends and recipes
- Liquid at room temperature and below
- Lightest of all carrier oils
- Comprised only of shorter, saturated fatty acids side chains which absorb more easily into skin and do not oxidize
- Absorbs quickly and leaves skin feeling smooth - leaves light, greasy residue
- Long shelf life - Doesn’t oxidize or go rancid
- Completely soluble with all essential oils
- Kosher and Food Grade
The statements are not evaluated by the FDA. Verdant EOs and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.