$9.00 – $17.00
Oregano Essential Oil (Origanum vulgare, ct carvacrol) has strong spicy top notes that fade into a herbaceous aroma. Our Oregano essential oil is steam distilled from leaves of oregano plants grown in Turkey. This oil is a russet brown color and has a thin consistency. Oregano Essential Oil is part of our Herbal category. HOT OIL
Latin name: Origanum vulgare
Method: Steam Distilled
Primary Compounds: Carvacrol, Thymol, Cymene
Oregano Essential Oil is believed to be antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, analgesic (pain relief), antispasmodic (relieves involuntary muscle spasms), immune stimulating and a bronchodilator (opens bronchial tubes).
Oregano oil was first used by the ancient Greeks. Its name is derived from the Greek phrase meaning “joy of the mountain”. With oregano oil, just one drop can pack a powerful and effective punch. This hot oil has a sharp herbal aroma and should always be diluted. Oregano oil will irritate and possible burn skin if not properly diluted.
Primary uses for our Oregano Essential Oil include immune and respiratory support and cleaning.
Mind: may provide stress relief; helps promote wellbeing and sense of security
Heal: may help to relieve menstrual discomfort as well as muscle cramps and pain
Wellness: may kill and inhibit growth of bacteria, fungi and viruses (particularly systemic infections); may help stimulate immune system function; may help support respiratory function and open airways
Other: may assist in removal of warts
These statements are not evaluated by the FDA. Verdant EOs and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Aromatically: diffusion or direct inhalation
Topically: HOT OIL - always dilute 1-2% with carrier oil
Blends well with: Bergamot, Cinnamon, Chamomile, Clove Bud, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Lavender, Lemon, Marjoram, Orange, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Thyme
Shelf life: 3 years when properly stored
Storage: Minimize exposure to light, air and heat to get the full benefit and life out of your oil. Store your oil tightly sealed and in cardboard tube between 59 and 71° F.
- If you are taking medication or have a medical condition, consult your physician before using essential oils.
- Unsafe for pregnant or breastfeeding mothers.
- Can irritate mucous membranes/sensitive skin areas - avoid eyes, nose, mouth and other sensitive areas.
- Always test diluted oil on a small area of skin before topical use.
- Avoid use with children under the age of 2, dilute to 1% or less for children under the age of 6.
- HOT OIL - Always dilute to 1 - 2% (1 drop per 1 tsp/5ml carrier oil).
- Do not use on damaged or sensitive skin.
- May interact with diabetic medications and cause low blood sugar levels.