$10.00 – $16.00
Peppermint Essential Oil (Mentha x piperita) has a woody, herbaceous scent full of its characteristic minty aroma. Our Peppermint Essential Oil is grown in the United States and steam distilled from the plant’s flowering tops. This oil has a thin consistency and is a pale yellow color. It is part of our Herbal category. HOT OIL
Latin name: Mentha x piperita
Method: Steam Distilled
Part: Flowering tops
Primary Compounds: Menthol, Menthone, 1,8-Cineole, Menthyl acetate
Peppermint Essential Oil is believed to be analgesic (pain relief), antibacterial, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, astringent and antineuralgic (nerve pain relief). It may also help ease nausea, aid digestion, promote alertness and reduce fatigue.
Peppermint oil was known in the past as Clear-eye or Clary. When applied topically, peppermint oil produces a cool, invigorating, tingly feeling on skin. While some people love this chilling sensation, others find it strange or irritating. Peppermint oil is termed a hot oil because of this strong sensation when used topically.
Primary uses for our Peppermint Essential Oil are relieving pain and nausea relief, reducing fatigue and aid in digestion.
Mind: mentally stimulating; helps promote focus, alertness and creativity; reduces fatigue
Heal: may ease pain from headaches and relieve sore muscles and nerve pain
Wellness: may kill and inhibit growth of bacteria and fungi; helps support respiratory function and loosen mucus; helps aid digestive function, expel gas and ease nausea and vomiting; may help relieve allergies
Other: Useful insect and rodent deterrent, may help fight head lice
These statements are not evaluated by the FDA. Verdant EOs and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Aromatically: diffusion or direct inhalation
Topically: dilute 1-3% with carrier oil
Blends well with: Basil, Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Geranium, Lavender, Lemon, Marjoram, Orange, Rosemary, Tea Tree
Shelf life: 4 years when properly stored
Storage: Minimize exposure to light, air and heat to get the full benefit and life out of your oil. Store your oil tightly sealed and in cardboard tube between 59 and 71° F.
- If you are pregnant, nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition, cocnsult your physician before using essential oils
- Generally considered safe for pregnancy, consult your physician before use
- Not for use when breastfeeding
- HOT OIL - leaves strong cooling sensation on skin.
- Can irritate mucous membranes/sensitive skin areas - avoid eyes, nose, mouth and other sensitive areas.
- Always test diluted oil on a small area of skin before topical use.
- Avoid use with children under 3 yrs, use cautiously for children under age 6.
- Always dilute to 1% or less (1 drop per 1 tsp/5ml carrier oil) any oil applied topically for children under the age of 5.